Frontier’s Juana Santamaria and Lasse Nagel will speak at the IIC Annual LatAm & Caribbean Telecommunications & Media Forum on Monday 15 May and Tuesday 16 May respectively. Frontier are sponsoring the event.
Juana will moderate the session on "Watching brief: network cost “fair share” discussions globally and considerations for LatAm and the Caribbean." She will be joined by:
- Jonathan McHale (Vice President, Digital Trade, Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA));
- Artur Coimbra de Oliveira (Commissioner, National Telecommunications Agency (ANATEL), Brazil); and
- Miguel Calderón Lelo de Larrea, Director of Public Policy Strategy, Telefónica HISPAM.
Lasse will moderate the session on "Approaches to regulating online platforms and gatekeepers – what principles, checks and balances come into play? Ensuring economic freedom while safeguarding the interests of consumers, businesses and society". Joining Lasse on the panel are:
- Lina María Duque del Vecchio (Commissioner, Commission for Communications Regulation, Colombia),
- Yamel Sarquis (Policy Manager – Emerging Markets, Access Partnership); and
- Rodrigo Alcázar Silva (Commissioner, Federal Economic Competition Commission (COFECE), Mexico)