Frontier’s Christoph Riechmann and Matthias Janssen recently contributed towards issue 135 of Oxford Institute for Energy’s quarterly journal.
Decarbonising heating to achieve net zero provides the backdrop for this article, entitled ‘Low carbon heating: How can we manage peak winter demand’.
The article explores possible technical solutions, achieving best value for money for energy users, barriers and market failures on the path to the transition, and possible policy approaches.
The article concludes that the transition to low-carbon heating will require the following:
- Comprehensive cost analysis to inform choices
- Piloting of new technologies
- Keeping technology options
- Supply chain stability
- Policies to recognise consumer perspectives
- Removal of distortions in gas and electricity pricing
You can read our contribution by clicking below.
To access the full publication click here.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7031 7000.